Main research areas
- Communication and Sport
- Sport, Public Service Broadcasting and Cultural Citizenship
- Olympic Studies
- Journalism ethics and media accountability
- Media research methods
Sports journalism ethics and quality of information. The coverage of the London 2012 Olympics in the British, American and Spanish press. May 2016. Advisor: Dr. Salvador Alsius
Affiliation with research groups
Grup de Recerca en Periodisme (GRP, Journalism Research Group), Department of Communication, Pompeu Fabra University
Research Group on Political Communication, Media and Democracy (POLCOM), Department of Communication, Pompeu Fabra University
Accountability and Media Systems in Spain: Real impact and good practices in Spanish Media (2016-2020; Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness; CSO2015-66404-P). Role: Researcher.
Model EDvidence: un sistema de gestió per a les noves demandes del canvi educatiu i del coneixement [EDvidence Model: A management system for the new demands of education and knowledge change] (2019-2021; ACC1Ó/FEDER; COMRDI18-1-0013-00). Role: Researcher.
Transparency and Media Accountability (2013-2015; Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness; CSO2012-39138). Role: Researcher.
Integrated Journalism in Europe (2012-2015; European Commission; 528057-LLP-1-2012-1-ES-ERASMUS-FEXI). Role: Researcher.
Division of Communications, Media and Culture (CMC), University of Stirling, United Kingdom. May – July 2017.
Centre for Cultural Policy Research (CCPR), University of Glasgow, United Kingdom. September – December 2013.
College of Communication and Information Sciences (CIS), University of Alabama, United States of America. July 2014.
International Olympic Committee Olympic Studies Centre (OSC), Lausanne, Switzerland. May 2014.
- International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR). Serves as Co-Chair of the Media, Communication & Sport Section (MCS).
- International Association for Communication and Sport (IACS)
- European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA). Serves as Vice-Chair of the Communication and Sport Temporary Working Group.
- International Communication Association (ICA)